Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Firsts

Annabelle is 5 months and 8 days old today, and I marvel every day at how she's growing and learning.  I was reflecting last night on all the new skills and experiences she's had in just the past two weeks or so.  She's now sleeping in her own room, her head shape is responding so well to her DOC band, she's rolling over in both directions, she's starting to sit up for longer stretches of time unassisted, she's getting rice cereal in her bedtime bottle, and she's going swimming for the first time tomorrow at Auntie SMF's.  So much, so fast.

I've decided I really like this stage.  Her smiles, her vocalizing, her interactions with people or toys - it's all so wondrous.  Every single time I look at her, I feel my heart swell to bursting in my chest and my breath catch for just a second.  I love her with all of my whole heart, yet somehow I manage to love her even more each day.  This motherhood stuff?  Miraculous.

No comments: