Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Photoless

I've been fascinated by this idea of scrapping without photos.  It was even a challenge recently on one of the paper company blogs I follow. Until recently, I haven't understood it.  As a scrapbooker, I take photos of everything, choose the events and moments that matter most, and combine my pictures with pretty paper and cutesie things to celebrate the memory.  But last night I made this.



Lately, beyond our precious baby girl, life hasn't been giving me too many things to celebrate.  However, as I reflect on and worry about and pray for and sometimes avoid the ugly things mucking up my world right now, I realize that my thoughts and feelings are worth documenting and remembering too, even if they're photoless.  They may not be pretty, but they matter. And if I can learn from them, grow because of them, look back at them in the future and see what I've overcome, maybe they'll be worth celebrating some day. 

2 comments:

sandi said...

This is beautiful. You've taken something sad and made it nice...

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Beautiful layout. I always find so much inspiration here :)