Thursday, July 29, 2010

Last Day

Not that this has been a summer I'm sad to see end, but this is my last official day of vacation.  Tomorrow it's back to my classroom...arranging desks, hanging new posters, prepping for Open House, and laying out new, exciting lesson plans to begin the year.  I love the rhythm of school years. I've been in this groove all my life, first as a student and now as a teacher, and I still get that same thrill, that same quickening of the pulse, when I think about new school supplies and fresh white board markers :)  I guess I'm in the right line of work...

All this doesn't mean, however, that I don't love me some vacation.  Believe me, I savor these no-alarm mornings and pjs-on-the-couch afternoons.  And to celebrate this final summer day, I slept until 9, then proceeded to plop on my sofa in said pajamas and am now leisurely surfing the inspiring internet.  I found some cute crafting tape on a site called, well, cutetape.  They carry washi tape, other tapes, rubber stamps, stickers, and all your stationery needs.  I've fallen in love with this stamp set in particular.  Blame it on the doilies.

http://www.cutetape.com/shop/margaret-stamp-set-bird-cage-lace-key.html

And I discovered some new music from a group called The Temper Trap.  Kinda diggin it.  Hopefully the rest of my day with be just a lazy and enjoyable, and I wish you the same.  I'm thinking pedicure....

No comments: