Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mama Loves You

So we got home Thursday afternoon from a fun little trip up to South Lake Tahoe.   Of course, I had to process the photos right away and found this precious snapshot.  It's not often I'm in front of the camera, but Shannon had a blast playing family photographer while we were on our lake cruise.  She was able to capture this darling moment, and I couldn't help but turn it into a layout asap.  I think this is one of my favorites of all time.

  
Speaking of all time, I finally put away the 100s of layouts I've made since the baby was born.  They were this huge stack in the craft room that I made time to organize and slide into sheet protectors and put into albums this weekend.  Albums fill up *fast*.  Who knew?  But a few post extenders, pretty baskets, and 6 binders later, everything is in its place.  

That trip to Michaels for the baskets and post extenders also yielded a super cute little Christmas journal from the dollar section.  I saw it and instantly knew it would be my December Daily this year.  I don't have time or energy to prepare a foundation this year, so I've decided to go smash-book style with it.  I'll get some cute tapes, a few embellies, bust out the myriad of holiday stamps I have, and go to town.  If it's daily, great.  If it's every few days, that's fine too.  No boundaries, no expectations, no disappointment. Love it. 

Know what else I love?  My adorable family.  They're waiting for me :)  Happy Sunday.


No comments: