Friday, October 15, 2010

Thank you, Restoration

I've had this picture of my niece and nephew since last Christmas. I love the photo, and I've desperately wanted to work with it, but it was presenting quite a challenge. Obviously, they're a bit older now and the cutesy red and green Xmas pajamas don't fly anymore.  So they're wearing clothes of their own choosing that completely don't fit any holiday paper color scheme at all!  Jeez guys, you *know* I'm a scrapper.  Couldn't you have at least matched each other, if not the rest of the decorations??

Enter Restoration, a  non-holiday collection from Crate Paper with all the right colors for this photo, and this particular pattern feels celebratory enough to work for a Christmas layout.  And voila - this simple, pretty project.  I inked a Martha doily black, used an SC stamp, did a little handstitching, and it all came together rather well.  Thanks, Restoration.


No comments: