Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Smidge of Fall

Today is the last day of my Fall Break, so Shannon and I decided to squeeze in a mini-road trip upstate to see if we could find some foliage.  I checked for scenic drives on the Arizona Highways website first, we grabbed some road food, filled the tank, and were on our way.  We headed up the I-17 to the Camp Verde exit, drove east in search of Forest Road 618 (which we never actually found), and ended up continuing to the 87 to come home through Payson.  We stopped off a tiny antique store to browse, ate lunch at Macky's Grill, and discovered that taking photos of trees from a car going 70mph isn't easy.  It wasn't exactly the drive we planned, but it was lovely nonetheless.  A fitting end to a restful week off.








1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is my first time at your blog - I love your layouts! I found you on two peas and am now a follower - I would love for you to check out my blog and become a follower if you like!

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/