Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of MY year...

I LOVE fall. I love leaves, I love the weather, I adore pumpkins, Halloween makes my heart sing, and just *thinking* about Thanksgiving dinner already has my mouth watering. So, to kick off the season right, I've created a few fall-themed goodies.

First, was the banner. I must admit, I have a serious thing for banners right now. In fact, I plan on spending most of today working on a creepy Halloween banner for my mom.... unless I love it too much, then I might just have to keep it. :P

Then last night, was a Halloween card hootenanny. Since we have to weigh-in on Saturday mornings, Friday nights can no longer revolve around happy hour and big dinners. So Shannon and I decided to dedicate them to staying home... crafting, cleaning, watching movies, or whatever strikes our fancy. Last night, creating these struck my fancy!

Shannon has also been on a bit of a creative spree as well, designing more gorgeous jewelry (which my colleagues at work can't get enough of), and she tried her hand at a cut paper collage piece. Last Sunday night, she spent hours pouring through page after page of etsy art projects. She said it was like visiting the world's biggest an art gallery right at her own kitchen table. Well, she fell in love with a few pieces by thedreamygiraffe.etsy.com, particularly The Girl with the Most Colorful Umbrella. So she reinterpretted it with paper. As do all of her projects, it turned out to be AMAZING! Shannon would like to graciously thank the original artist for the inspiration.

No comments: