Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Just the beginning...

Alright. After thousands of hours viewing other people's blogs, marveling at both their artistic abilities and technical savvy, Shanni and I decided it was time to start our own blog.... to carve out our own little corner of cyberspace and showcase our talents. We've talked a bit about how we want to use this blog... for journaling, for sharing photos and stories with friends and family, or as a way to exhibit our artsy creations. Our answer: all of the above.

Shannon is a true artist, a gifted visionary with an uncanny ability to capture concepts on paper with pencil, pastels, paint... you name it. By trade she's an industrial designer, specializing in high-end residential and commercial lighting. By passion she is a creator, a sketch artist, a painter, a sculptor, a paper crafter, an interior designer. There is nothing involving light, color, line, and space she cannot do.


I, on the other hand, simply dabble in paper arts. A little
scrapbooking, some stamping and cardmaking, a bit of altered art. Paper makes my heart sing, and ribbon sets my pulse racing. But I am an elementary school teacher by day (soon to be an administrator, thank you very much). Teaching is my first passion and a craft I work to continuously hone. My art has to come second, though I love it just as much.

So here we are. Stay tuned as we get the hang of this blogging thing. I must say, however, this is waaayyy easier than I thought it would be. Had I known it was so simple, I would have jumped on board long ago. Technical savvy my butt.

No comments: