Sunday, July 31, 2011

Some Cheese with that Whine...?

Unbelievably, it's that time again....



I've been working in my classroom a wee bit, basically cleaning and arranging furniture after summer school used our building.  But tomorrow will be a real work day, making copies, preparing lessons and activities, getting ready for Open House, etc.  The beginning of this school year is bitter sweet.  As always there's the new stuff, the anticipation of a great new group of students, and a clean, beautifully organized classroom.  But after spending this summer as a stay-at-home mom, playing and cuddling and reading and napping and watching our sweet girl grow and blossom, it absolutely breaks my heart to think about not seeing her for 10 hours a day.  The blessing is that she will spend that time with Mommy and Grandma Ish at their work, rather than surrounded by strangers.  And we will rush home every night to be together, not just as a couple anymore, but as a family.  So awesome.

Getting back into the swing of school things, and cleaning out cabinets and shelves and such, I stumbled upon a packet of school pictures.  Now, I understand they need the teachers' pictures for the yearbook.  I don't like it, but fine.  But why on earth do they print out a full package for us with an 8x10, two 5x7s, and a bunch of wallets.  I'm 34 years old - what the hell am I supposed to do with a dozen wallet-size professional portraits of myself?  Well, I took three of them and made this - cracked myself up.  The rest got shredded. 


Ah, school days.  The joy (?) of being a teacher is you never outgrow them...

No comments: