Monday, November 9, 2009

Holy Moly! October was an absolute blur! Sometimes life is so busy, so frantic, at times downright chaotic, that I cannot fathom how people with children handle it. Right now it's just Shannon and I, a small handful of pets, 2 incredibly demanding jobs, and a pair of aging parents, and I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water. I'd better take a deep breath though, because we are diving headlong into the holiday season.

October did end with a fabulous Halloween party. I wanted to throw a good ole fashioned backyard party, full of classic fall charm. So Rose, John, Matt, Kenzie, Zach, Kori, Grace, Joel, Deb, Bianca, Angelica, Chrissy, Steve, Crimson, Mom, Dad, and of course, Shannon and I, had a wonderful time carving and painting jack-0-lanterns, bobbing for apples, and decorating cookies. The biggest hits were the basket full of random masks people enjoyed trying on and the barfing pumpkin centerpiece.





After enjoying the bounty of autumn, we look now toward the upcoming Holiday season. I love Halloween, and hosting Thanksgiving brings me joy, but there's absolutely nothing better than Christmas. I'm sure many of you feel the same way. The tree, the lights, the music, the shopping, gathering with loved ones, traditions.... All my favorite things. This charming little snowman card is kicking off the most wonderful time of the year, for family, friends, and crafting!

No comments: